The Border Management Programme in Central Asia (Phase 10) kindly reminds of the announced Call for Proposals for civil society and non-governmental organisations working in the border regions of the Central Asian states. The combined value of the grants under this call will be up to 300 000 EUR.
The Programme will particularly support initiatives that are targeting more than one Central Asian country, submitted by organisations from two or more countries, and implemented in a cross-border context. Extra attention will also be paid to initiatives that are endorsed by or that are going to be implemented in close cooperation with relevant local authorities.
The priority areas include:
- Research and analysis in the area of migration, cross-border and related areas;
- Awareness-raising on irregular migration, preventing human trafficking, and issues relevant to the migration-affected population;
- Assistance to vulnerable population groups affected by migration and border proximity (in particular to children and women left behind by migrants);
- Support to entrepreneurship, including social entrepreneurship initiatives, of all population groups and among women, as a special category;
- Facilitation of networks and forums for CSOs and NGOs working in the border regions, for discussing and cooperating in migration and cross-border areas.
The selected projects will improve the living conditions of the communities in border areas, will further strengthen the capacities of CSOs and NGOs in project development and implementation, and will reinforce dialogue between civil society and local authorities. The deadline for applications is 28 June 2022, 17:00 Vienna local time – the deadline has been extended, as announced in the clarification note on ICMPD website: https://www.icmpd.org/work-with-us/grants/open-calls-for-proposals. For detailed information on the requirements and application procedure, please refer to the Call for Proposals Guidelines available at the ICMPD Electronic Application Platform: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/icmpd/aspx/Tenders/Appraisal