Posting date: 9 June 2017
Deadline for applications: 24 June 2017
Duty station: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Start date: 17 July 2017
Contract duration: 10 months with a possibility of extension
Eligible nationalities: All, residents of Kyrgyzstan
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
The EU-funded BOMCA project aims to improve effectiveness and efficiency of border management in Central Asia by introducing advanced elements of the Integrated Border Management (IBM), assisting governments in developing and reforming their migration governance, mobility and trade facilitation policies, strengthening capacities of Border, Customs, and Migration Agencies, and, thus contributing to the border security and trade facilitation at national, regional and local levels.
The project is implemented by a Consortium of the EU Member States, and ICMPD in Central Asia (Regional Office in Bishkek and national offices in each Central Asia country). The successful candidate will form part of the Project Implementing Team (PIT) and will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The Regional Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support in BOMCA Regional Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Regional Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide overall administrative and logistical organisation of meetings, seminars, conferences and experts missions (if requested) in the Central Asian region (and possibly outside the region) by arranging all logistics, including travel, visa, accommodation, cash reimbursements etc.
- Liaise and negotiate with venue providers, interpretation agencies, transport companies, caterers, etc. to organize project activities
- Draft routine correspondence to the Final Beneficiaries and service providers, primarily in connection with project activities, maintain contacts with participants on logistical issues as required
- Ensure compliance with the ICMPD and the EU rules and regulations for procurement and financial management
- Prepare meetings documentation (printing documents, arrange folders, name tags, participant lists, arrival and departure list, etc.) for all activities held in Bishkek
- Assist in the preparation of reports and presentation materials (project information folders, Power Point Presentations) including data, information gathering
- Provide administrative support to project staff in Bishkek
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- University degree in social science, public administration, finance or communications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in project administration and organisational support
- Work experience in an international organisation is an asset
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Excellent spoken and written skills in Russian and English. Knowledge of other language(s) of the region is a distinct advantage
- Excellent organisation skills and an eye for details
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a short period of time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Good computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel, Power Point
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
This post is for local recruitment only.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held from 26.06.2017 to 30.06.2017. Testing may be a part of the recruitment process.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.